- Plan and implement restoration treatments across 2.4 million acres of ponderosa pine forest.
- Treat 50,000 acres per year during a 20-year period.
- Allow for increased use of prescribed fire and management of natural fires for restoration objectives.
- Engage industry so the cost of restoration is covered by the value of the products removed.
- Assure that the science-based and socially-acceptable agreements forged during the last decade result in the implementation of long-term, landscape-scale restoration. Surround and support communities and provide wildlife habitat, recreational resources and ecosystem services.